Background HTML

Sunday, September 23, 2012

Personalized Name Plate For My Office

I saw on the Entirely Elementary School Counseling blog a name plate that she purchased for her office and thought hmm I could make something like this myself! So my creative juices started flowing!


So the 'theme' for my office this year is polka dots and the colors pink, green and blue; I wanted to continue this into my name plate as well. I downloaded a black and white polka dot clip art that I used for the background of my name plate. I then used the same squiggly line frame that I used on my bin labels in my office and stretched it in Photoshop Elements to create a larger size. (I got my FREE bin labels from Fun in Room 4B's TPT page.) I then downloaded the FREE Illuminate font and used it in Photoshop Elements to type my name, position and room number on top of my background layers. I printed my design in color and then laminated it at my local Staple's Copy and Print Center


I then made a trip to JoAnn Fabrics to purchase some ribbon for my sign. I got 3 different types of ribbon, two 5/8 inch and one 3/8 inch ribbon. I then took my 1-hole puncher and used it several times to create 2 holes large enough to push the ribbon through. I knotted the ribbon in the front of the sign and left just a little bit of ribbon out in the front.


Now that my name plate was complete I took it to school and hung it outside my office on the glass panel next to my door using plastic hook from my local Lakeshore Learning store.



          

Pin It

2 comments: