Background HTML

Tuesday, January 1, 2013

School Counseling Linky Party 2013

Marissa Rex at ElementarySchoolCounseling.org is hosting a School Counseling Linky Party for School Counselor bloggers to share their great ideas, inspirations and blogs with everyone! What an amazing idea! Thank you


As I am still fairly new to blogging (just started in September 2012) I don't have too many features on my blog yet. I hope to add some different sections/tabs in 2013. Although, one of my favorite aspects of my blog thus far is the step by step descriptions with pictures I have been able to write about in many of my posts with the hopes of helping other School Counselors.

It is very hard for me to select a favorite post on my blog but I probably have to go with my Bucket Filling post because this is something that I have been doing since I became a School Adjustment Counselor right out of grad school . I have been updating, tweaking and adjusting my school-wide program as I go throughout the years and will be making a major shift to my classroom guidance lesson this spring when I teach the concept to my 5th and 6th graders. I feel that the Bucket Filling concept is a great way to recognize students within my school for positive acts of kindness towards one an another!

By far my most popular blog post has been my Worry Stone post. I believe this post was repinned many times on Pinterest which lead to its popularity. This is also one of the posts that I created step-by-step directions with pictures about how to many the worry stones which I hope the readers found helpful. Worry stones have really taken off this year at my school, the kids think they are 'cool' and I have kids stopping by all the time to pick out a couple worry stones to keep. I even have 5th and 6th grade students come by to make them at lunch because they think it is fun!







Pin It

3 comments:

  1. I enjoy watching your blog develop. I really like your office blog, too.
    --Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you for creating the linky party Marissa!

      Delete