Background HTML

Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Liebster Award Nomination

Carol Miller from The Middle School Counselor blog nominated me for the Liebster Award - how exciting!!  It's supposedly an award for new bloggers with less than 200 followers to promote new and upcoming blogs. (although I must say I have googled this award to find more information and can't find anything! I think it is like a chain letter/ email that helps get traffic to new blogs. However, just being nominated by a fellow blogger is enough recognition for me!)  I am so excited to be nominated for this award by a fellow school counselor blogger. 

So the rules are:

1. Link back to the blog that nominated you.
2. Nominate 5-11 blogs with fewer than 200 followers.
3. Answer the questions posted for you by your nominator.
4. Share 11 random facts about yourself.
5. Create 11 questions for your nominees.
6. Contact your nominees and let them know you nominated them.  


So here are the questions that I need to answer:

  1. What are your favorite blogs? 

    My favorite types of blogs are ones in which I get ideas from that I can implement into my everyday counseling with students or in my office. You can see all the blogs that I follow on the right hand side, but here are just a few of my favorites:
    JY Joyner Counselor blog - Andrea is a school counselor whose blog I absolutely love following. She has so many great ideas that are practical and best of all she uses so much technology! ( I am a techie as well)
    School Counselor Blog - Would any of us school counselors be blogging if it wasn't for Danielle?! I feel like she was the first big school counselor to start blogging and definitely inspired me to get started.
    Technology Rocks Seriously blog - she has tons of free printable I use in my office and throughout the school on bulletin boards. 
    Fun in 4B - This classroom teacher's blog has given me so many ideas for my office due to all the creativity in her classroom that I just have to share her blog with others!

  2. What made you start blogging?

    Like I just mentioned above I started following Danielle's School Counselor Blog a year or 2 ago and she inspired me to start sharing some of my ideas with other school counselors. I feel like counselors in schools have a more difficult time sharing and collaborating with other counselors because we are usually the only ones in our schools therefore I often took to the internet and blogs to find new ideas for working with my students. 
  3. What are your favorite outside of school activities?

    I love to play with my chocolate lab, he is the biggest goofball ever and always puts a smile on my face and makes me laugh! I also like to spend time with family and friends (obviously!). I am a big sports fan and my favorite teams are the New England Patriots, Boston Celtics, Boston Bruins and Tennessee Lady Vols basketball team. 
  4. What other forms of social media do you use? 

    I use Facebook and Google+ with my blog. Personally (and privately) I also use Twitter and Instagram.
  5. Where do you see yourself 5 years from now? 

    I will either remain a School Adjustment Counselor or pursue a role as an Assistant Principal because I received my administration license last year.
  6. What other jobs did you dream of when you were younger? 

    I originally wanted to go to college for interior design and decided to go the architecture route instead; I was an architecture major until my junior year of college until I switched to psychology.
  7. What made you decide to be a School Counselor? 

    I began subbing in a charter school during breaks from college and liked working with the students however, I particularly loved working with the students needed a little TLC and extra support and guidance. I talked to the counselor at the building and began researching the different routes to becoming a School Adjustment Counselor (vs. a Guidance Counselor (yes they are still called that in Massachusetts!) or a School Psychologist) and switched majors in college and then went onto grad school.
  8. What advice do you have for others thinking about starting a blog?

    It takes much more time than you think to blog consistently (which I was completely lacking in during the spring of this past year when school got so busy!)
     
  9. Do you have a blog feature (or article) that you are most proud of?  I don't necessarily have a favorite blog post or feature that I am most proud of. Instead I find it interesting what posts get the most visits and therefore could possibly be the most helpful to other school counselors. This helps me to decide what types of things I should blog about in the future.
     
  10. Who is your superhero?  My mom - she really was a superhero when I was a kid! 
     
  11. What is your favorite quote?  I have way too many to list however, some of my favorites that I post in my school office are: 
  1.           
these are all free printables available at: http://www.technologyrocksseriously.com/p/school-signs.html


My nominations for the Liebster Award are:

 

Nominee's questions to answer:

  1. What are your favorite blogs?
  2. Why did you start blogging?
  3. What advice do you have for others who are just starting out with their own blog?
  4. Why did you decide to work as a school counselor?
  5. What are your favorite things to do outside of school?
  6. What is the best part of your job?
  7. How many years have you been working in a school?
  8. If you could only have 5 books in your office which ones would you choose?
  9. If you could live any where in the world where would you live?
  10. What is your favorite memory of a teacher from childhood?
  11. What is your #1 go to resource at school?


Pin It

4 comments:

  1. Loved reading your post. It is kinda like a chain letter, but still fun!
    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your nomination! I found your blog and TPT store from a search on the TPT site for other Massachusetts sellers (like me!). I'm so happy to have found you! I follow both your blog and you TpT store! I'm excited to continue connecting with you :)

    Rae
    Mindful Rambles

    ReplyDelete